I was re-organizing my stamps when I ran across this old stamp & die set from Hero Arts/Sizzix. I thought it would be fun to have the butterflies stamped inside the card so you could see them through the die cut openings. Apparently not as easy as it sounded, the first attempt was a fail. This one turned out much better 🙂
I used a Ranger ink blending tool to sponge on some Distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers (my personal favorite) then added some water droplets. The butterflies made me think of flight and reminded me of an older wood-mount stamp in my stash from Prickley Pear. I do have a tendency to over-embellish, but after using the ¼ WRM Corner Chomper I wisely decided to leave it as is. Here’s a close up of the cut-outs.
Let me know if you decide to try one of those oldies from your stash! Thanks for stopping by!